By obtaining the TVB Australia Membership Card (as defined hereinafter "Membership Card"), you agree to the following terms and conditions. By obtaining the Membership Card and submitting your information to Television Broadcast (Australia) Pty Ltd (as defined hereinafter "TVB Australia") or using the Membership Card, you declare that you are over 16 and agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Membership Card. If you are over 16 but under 18, you declare that you have obtained consent from your parent or guardian and they have agreed on your behalf to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of the Membership Card. You should check these terms and conditions before using the Membership Card. You acknowledge that these terms and conditions may be revised by TVB Australia at any time. You understand that TVB Australia and its business partners may provide information and services available online to the Cardholders of the Membership Card (as defined hereinafter "Cardholders").
Terms and Conditions:
- Membership Eligibility
- 1.1 Only those who have registered as TVB Australia subscribers are eligible to obtain the Membership Card.
- 1.2 To be eligible for obtaining the Membership Card, subscription account of the applicant must be in active status.
- 1.3 TVB Australia reserves the right to limit the availability of any Membership Cards to any specific group subscriber or individual subscriber.
- 1.4 Each TVB Australia subscriber shall be issued one Membership Card only.
- 1.5 The Membership Card is personal to the designated Cardholder and is not transferable.
- Type of Card, Fees and Validity
- 2.1 There is only one type of Membership Card.
- 2.2 Eligible subscribers can obtain the Membership Card and no application fee will be charged.
- 2.3 The Membership Card is valid for a period of at least 6 months from the time of issue. The expiration date is printed on the Membership Card. The Membership Card will be renewed automatically upon renewal of the subscription account of the Cardholder with TVB Australia.
- 3.1 TVB Australia subscribers who have successfully subscribed (unless in exceptional cases) will be issued a Membership Card.
- 3.2 If TVB Australia subscribers have already subscribed for a full year and have not received the Membership Card, they can obtain one by contacting TVB Australia Customer Service Hotline on 1300 132 188, and provide complete and accurate information and advise TVB Australia of any changes. TVB Australia will use the information provided by subscribers to open a Membership Card account, and where applicable, mail to subscribers the Membership Card and other related materials.
- 3.3 TVB Australia has the sole discretion on issuance of Membership Card and may reject to renew or issue any Membership Card without giving any reason.
- Replacement of Membership Card
- 4.1 If the Membership Card is lost or stolen, the Cardholder must report to TVB Australia Customer Service Hotline at 1300 132 188. TVB Australia will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the unauthorized use of the lost or stolen Membership Card. Cardholder has to pay for any replacement of the lost or stolen Membership Card.
- 5.1 TVB Australia reserves the right to modify the Membership Card membership entitlements, benefits offered and other features of the Membership Card and reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to terminate the Membership Card program at any time with or without notice and TVB Australia will not be liable for any loss or damage arising therefore.
- 5.2 Any amendment to these terms and conditions will be posted on the website www.tvb.com.au . TVB Australia will not issue separate notice of the amendment to the Cardholders and Cardholders shall be responsible to view the amendment from this website from time to time.
- 5.3 Continuing use of the Membership Card will be deemed as acceptance of any amendment made to these terms and conditions. If any Cardholder does not agree with such amendments(s), such Cardholder's sole remedy is to cease to use the Membership Card.
- 6.1 Cardholders must present their Membership Card at the time of purchase to enjoy the relevant discount.
- 6.2 TVB Australia may from time to time arrange with other entities whereby Cardholders may enjoy discounts for the use of services or the purchase of goods from such other entities subject to such terms and conditions as TVB Australia or such other entities may impose with respect to the enjoyment of such discounts.
- 6.3 Cardholders may check the relevant discount offering outlets at the website www.tvb.com.au or other designated website.
- 6.4 Membership Card cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offer(s).
- 6.5 In no circumstances shall the Membership Card be considered as a credit card.
- Data Privacy
- 7.1 All personal data and information supplied by Cardholders will be handled in accordance with the applicable personal data privacy laws and regulations. Personal data and information supplied by Cardholders will be used for issuance of Membership Card and for maintaining and renewing Cardholders' membership and communicating news and information to Cardholders.
- 7.2 Personal data and information of Cardholders may be passed to other entities which offer discounts or benefits to Cardholders to facilitate the provision of discounts and benefits and distribution of information, advertising and promotional materials to Cardholders.
- 7.3 Cardholders are responsible for keeping TVB Australia informed of their new correspondence and email addresses. TVB Australia is not responsible for any loss as a result of Cardholders' failure to inform TVB Australia of any changes.
- 8.1 Cardholder may terminate his/her Membership Card at any time by returning the Membership Card to TVB Australia Customer Service Centre. Any fees (if any) paid for the Membership Card will not be refunded on termination of the Membership Card.
- 8.2 Misconduct, fraud, misuse of the Membership Card or its benefits or failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in the immediate termination of the Membership Card. TVB Australia reserves the right to terminate the Membership Card of any Cardholder with or without notice.
- Limitation on Liability
- 9.1 To the extent that is permissible by laws, TVB Australia shall not be liable to any Cardholder for any loss, damage or expense of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the issuance of the Membership Card, the use of the Membership Card or its benefits, the use of personal data of Cardholders, mistakes or fraud committed by any person in redeeming a benefit, whether TVB Australia is negligent or otherwise.
- 9.2 TVB Australia's liability in contract, tort or otherwise in respect of any claim arising out of acts or omissions relating to the Membership Card or the use of Membership Card shall be limited to the value of the discounted amount in connection with which the matter arises.
- 9.3 TVB Australia shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the use of the product or service provided by any other entities in connection with the use of the Membership Card.
- 9.4 TVB Australia's decision in respect of any complaint or dispute shall be final and binding on Cardholders and TVB Australia shall not be required to give any reason for such decision.
- 10.1 The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any provision of these terms and condition under the laws of any jurisdiction shall not affect its validity, legality or enforceability under the laws of any other jurisdiction nor the validity, legality or enforceability of any other provisions herein contained.
- 11.1 These terms and conditions and the relationship between TVB Australia and each Cardholder are governed by the Australian laws.
- 12.1 In case of inconsistencies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.